Wednesday 18 January 2012

Grandson

My Grandson will be here in a few days, and I can't wait! Today myself, my sister and my daughter were talking about what men know about babies and it made me remember some of the stuff I've heard over the years. For example:

My friend was breastfeeding her baby in the hospital shortly after his birth and his Dad walked in and stopped dead in his tracks and asker her.....is it ok to have the bandages off when you have visitors?....... He actually thought us ladies had to bandage our breasts after feeding!

Another time one of the dads remarked to his wife that he was amazed that his baby had skin

Dad:      "How will the baby get out"?
Mum:    " well during childbirth the bones of his skull are soft to allow him to come down the birth canal"
Dad:      "Oh. so they have a skull when they are born?"
Mum:    " No, it's just a flap of skin that we blow up to the correct size with a bicycle pump"

At the end of visiting hours: 
Matron:        "Time Please"!
Dad:             "I'll have hers if she doesn't want it"
Matron:        "Excuse me?"                                             
Dad:             " Her pie and peas, if she doesn't want em, I'll have em"

Oh the joys of childbirth lol

No comments: